Keeping up with us is HARD to do! Make it easy on yourself.
Sign up for our mailing list HERE.
How WiSH is responding to the COVID-19 emergency:
Like many of you, WiSH is adjusting to the current situation. WiSH receives no state, federal or district funding; all fundraisers (and the operational funding they support, in part) have been postponed until the fall. While we always engage in good financial practices, there are no guidelines that recommend reserving a year of operations in the event of a global pandemic. In response to this emergency, WiSH has made tough but necessary decisions to ensure sustainability, continue support of essential programs, and remain dedicated to our mission. We have eliminated payroll and are currently working as a 100% volunteer organization, fully committed to our programs support.
A giant THANK YOU to those of you who have made unrestricted donations in the past few weeks.
What our immediate focus is on:
- Continuing those programs that have immediate emergency impact – see below.
- Encouraging and inspiring support of community businesses, who give generously to nonprofits throughout the year.
Emergency response programs:
- Our two year old computer program went into overdrive and became vital with the school closure announcement. With no advance notice and in just two days, over 3,100 chrome books were delivered to district schools and distributed to students needing access to distance learning. Approximately 1,000 more have been distributed since then and requests continue to be received every day.
- Our student wellness program remains essential; this has been an extraordinarily difficult year for our district. Students experienced wildfire school closures, the Saugus tragedy and Coronavirus cancelations and closures. We continue to work with the district wellness team to support centers and programs on campuses district wide. The Saugus quad renovation is in process; WiSH has organized donations for the project that include landscaping labor and greenery in addition to $25,000 for supplies.
- Virtual wellness programs are added now and students and their families have continued resources, including tele-counseling.
What can you do to help?
- Support local businesses whenever possible – sign up for our emails (link below) to get direct links to offers!
- Mark your calendars and purchase tickets to attend our fabulous, postponed events – we know you’ll be ready to have a good time! It’s not just a great night out; your attendance translates to continued support for our local students. Just click on “Events” above.
- Become an event sponsor. We’re still promoting and planning – we need to be ready to hit the ground running when this is over – so you’ll get exposure all year long! (we are being creative – email email@example.com)
We appreciate your continued support!
Wine on the Roof has been postponed to November 13!
Please remember that while all of our incredible SCV nonprofits have these wonderful events to share their mission with the community, they also serve a vital purpose – they are the core of critically needed fundraising and imperative to keep the doors open and support going. The current situation is hitting all of us hard – individuals, businesses, nonprofits. While we navigate the coming weeks, please continue to support all of the amazing restaurants, winemakers and sponsors who make all of these events possible, and please come out and enjoy the events when new dates are set. We know that by then you’ll be ready to get out and have a good time with friends!
Until then, stay in, stay safe, stay healthy.
See you on THE ROOF!
WiSH is beneficiary of these amazing events and thankful to the organizers for choosing to give back and support student wellness. Please support them when they come back in the fall!
WiSH recognizes that mental health is as important as physical well being. It became a priority after the tragedy at Saugus High School in November 2019. This dedicated fund supports wellness programs, as defined by our district wellness professionals, with the goal of funding centers and programs on campuses district wide. General WiSH donations in support of all programs in need can continue to be made through our donate buttons below.
The WiSH Education Foundation supports the 23,000 students in grades 7-12 of the William S. Hart Union High School District. We fund programs and initiatives not paid for by tax dollars alone. We feel strongly that every student, regardless of interest or passion, deserves to have the tools for success needed in the classroom. We believe that WiSH’s success is YOUR success! Whether you have a student in our district or not, good schools help keep our home values strong! Please consider giving today.