It’s time to have some fun!
SCV Virtual Talent Show
Hosted by 2019 SCV Man of the Year and WiSH founding board member
Thanks to our wonderful media partners, the show will air
ON THURSDAY, JUNE 18TH AT 7PM
on a variety of different channels:
Let’s see what you’ve got, SCV!
Give us your goofiest, strangest, best talent in 30 seconds!
something else that’s unique?
The show will air in mid-June.
Every SCV resident can enter!
Prizes will be awarded in three categories:
- UNDER 18 INDIVIDUAL – which will include a $500 Westfield American Express Rewards Card that can be used anywhere American Express is accepted!
- OVER 18 INDIVIDUAL – which will include a $500 Westfield American Express Rewards Card that can be used anywhere American Express is accepted!
- GROUP (2 OR MORE) – which will include a $1,000 Westfield American Express Rewards Card that can be used anywhere American Express is accepted!
Other prizes include:
Swag from Henry Mayo Fitness & Health
DJ for four hours certificate from SOS Entertainment
SUBMISSIONS WILL BE DUE BY
MAY 22, 2020 AT 6PM
The deadline has been extended to June 5th
(so many virtual graduations!)
LINK TO THE SUBMISSION PAGE
FOLLOWS THE GUIDELINES BELOW.
Here are some video examples, more to come:
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES PRIOR TO SUBMISSION:
GUIDELINES AND FAQ’S FOR PARTICIPATION:
- There is no fee to participate
- Submissions must be high school age appropriate (no foul language)
- Videos cannot exceed 30 seconds in length
- Videos taken by phone should be filmed horizontally
- Videos should be shot using the highest quality recording possible
- Try to remove all ambient sound prior to recording
- Test your recording first for best sound and lighting
- IF YOU FILM WITH YOUR PHONE, UPLOAD YOUR VIDEO DIRECTLY FROM YOUR PHONE
- Use your phone’s browser to go to www.WiSHscv.org.
- Click on the Virtual Talent Show event.
- Click on the submission link.
- We encourage humor!!
- Two (2) submissions allowed per person.
- Once we receive all submissions, those people that have been chosen for the talent show program will be contacted by email.
- Because we are capping the length of the show, we may not be able to accommodate every submission.
- If we get a high number of submissions and your submission does not make it into this event, there is a possibility that we may plan another talent show event – if so, you will be contacted for inclusion.
- Prior to airing, WiSH will provide you with a link to your own Talent Show page that includes your video.
- That page will encourage “vote by donation” to support your video through a variety of platforms, including PayPal, Apple Pay and credit card. Transactions are safe; they are processed with PCI Level 1 compliance.
- Share your page link with your friends and family anywhere and everywhere and encourage them to “vote by donation!” There is no minimum dollar amount required to donate.
- You are not required to solicit “voting by donation” in order to participate in the Talent Show.
- “Vote by Donation” IS tax deductible as permitted by law. WiSH is a 501(c)3.
- Prizes will be awarded to the submission in each category that receives the highest “vote by donation” value.
- Your link will be available during airing, on the WiSH website, via SCVTV and through social media.
- By participating, you agree to read, acknowledge and comply with the following release and understand that rules are subject to change:
By Participating you agree to:
Publicity Release: By participating in the WiSH Education Foundation Talent Show (uploading a video submission or appearing in any uploaded video submission), you acknowledge that by doing so constitutes your consent to use, publish, reproduce and for all purposes, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, the Internet, television or offline promotions), each winner’s name, voice, likeness, and any portion thereof, each extending throughout the universe and in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval, except where prohibited by law. It is the responsibility of the individual who uploads the video submission to participate to advise all individuals appearing in any way in their submission video, of this expressed consent.
In consideration of my participation in the WiSH Education Foundation (hereinafter, “WiSH”) SCV Virtual Talent Show, I expressly agree and contract, on behalf of myself, my heirs and my executors, that WiSH and its insurers, employees, officers, directors, and associates shall not be liable for any damages arising from personal injuries (including death) sustained by me as a result of my participation in the WiSH SCV Virtual Talent Show, regardless of whether such injuries result, in whole or in part, from the negligence of WiSH. By the execution of this agreement, I accept and assume full responsibility and hold harmless WiSH for any and all injuries, damages, and losses which may occur to me, and I hereby fully and forever release and discharge WiSH from any and all claims, demands, damages, or causes of action resulting from participation in the WiSH SCV Virtual Talent Show. I understand that WiSH does not provide supervision, in-person instruction or assistance in the participation of the WiSH SCV Virtual Talent Show. I agree to comply with all rules imposed by WiSH regarding participation in the WiSH SCV Virtual Talent Show. I further agree to conduct myself in a controlled and reasonable manner at all times. I understand and acknowledge that WiSH is not responsible for any injuries sustained during the creation of a submission video for the WiSH SCV Virtual Talent Show, including those submissionsthat may involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death. I HAVE READ THE FOREGOING WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND VOLUNTARILY EXECUTE THIS RELEASE, WITH FULL KNOWLEDGE OF ITS CONTENT, BY PARTICIPATING (CREATING AND/OR UPLOADING A VIDEO SUBMISSION) IN THE SCV VIRTUAL TALENT SHOWPRESENTED BY THE WISH EDUCATION FOUNDATION.
SCVTV Broadcasting release: WHEREAS, the terms “broadcast” and “publish” used herein include all forms of telecasting, webcasting, and other means of audiovisual conveyance that exist now or may exist in the future; WHEREAS, Producer asserts that it owns all relevant copyrights to the musical score(s), arrangements(s), lyrics(s), photograph(s), script(s), video(s), presentation material(s), and graphic(s), if any, included in the above-dated event/program (hereafter the “Work”), or is otherwise empowered to enter into this Agreement; WHEREAS, SCVTV maintains websites that can be viewed by a worldwide audience, as well as television and/or video channels carried on systems maintained by third-party service providers, including by way of example and without limitation, “Spectrum,” “AT&T U-verse,” “Youtube”, and others, some of which distribute video to a worldwide audience. Hereafter these websites and channels are included in and referenced collectively as the “SCVTV Channels.” SCVTV may, at its sole discretion, broadcast and/or publish the Work in whole or in part on the SCVTV Channels in perpetuity without payment to Producer, BMI, SESAC, ASCAP, or any other performing rights organization for any royalties or other fees; SCVTV may edit, use, alter, compile, with other entities’ performances or events, or otherwise modify the Work(s) without limitation, and broadcast it/them on the SCVTV Channels in its/their altered form, including as one or more individual “interstitials” or “music videos” by the Producer, at SCVTV’s sole discretion, except as follows: If more than 15 seconds of the Work is used, SCVTV shall appropriately credit Producer for a minimum of 3 seconds of screen time. SCVTV (may / may not) sell full or partial versions of the Work on DVD or other media, either as a standalone or as part of a compilation with unrelated programs or program segments. SCVTV may sell copies of unrelated productions that only incidentally include uncredited portions, not exceeding 15 seconds, of the Work, by way of example only: in the opening or closing titles to an episodic SCVTV program. Producer may copy, use, edit, alter, recompile, broadcast, sell or give away Producer’s own copies of the Work, in perpetuity and without limitation, except that any and all original references to “SCVTV” within the Work shall remain intact. SCVTV and Producer acknowledge and agree to the following: The Work itself is not a “work for hire.” Nothing in this Agreement compels SCVTV to broadcast the Work, or abridges SCVTV’s exclusive authority to manage the SCVTV Channels. Nothing in this Agreement compels SCVTV to provide Producer with copies of materials not included in the final Work; e.g., SCVTV is not required to provide Producer or any other party with “raw video” or scanned images in alternate formats. This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties hereto, and supersedes any prior written or oral agreements between them concerning the subject matter contained herein. Producer understands that once an audiovisual production or Work is broadcast over the Internet, it may impossible to erase it or modify the original broadcast. If SCVTV is reorganized into another nonprofit corporation or not-for-profit entity, the benefits enumerated shall extend to the successor corporation or entity. SCVTV and Producer enter into this Agreement in good faith. SCVTV and Producer represent that, to the best of their knowledge, the information presented throughout this Agreement, including in its Recitals and various Articles, is true and correct. Producer shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless SCVTV and its agents and successors from all costs, expenses and damages relating to, or arising from any challenge to, Producer’s warranty of copyright as set forth in this Agreement. This Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of California.
(This does not constitute an endorsement)