A Fundraiser for the Wm. S. Hart Education Foundation
March 15 & 16, 2024
Castaic High School Performing Arts Center
31575 Valley Creek Road, Castaic 91384
CALLING ON ALL TALENTED STUDENTS, FACULTY
AND ADMINISTRATORS IN THE HART DISTRICT!
This is your opportunity to perform on stage AND get feedback from an industry professional! It doesn’t matter if you are a seasoned professional or living room break dancer – we want you! Have an unusual skill?
Dance with a group of your friends?
WE WANT YOU!
Dates to Know:
- Entries due 1/26/24 at 10pm – digital submissions AND Entry Form (see below)
- Submission notification will be emailed to you by 2/9/24
- You MUST reply and confirm your participation by 2/15/24
- 3/8/24 – stage blocking (all performers) – 3:30-9pm
- you will be assigned a shorter block of time for your blocking in advance.
- 3/12/24 – dress rehearsal, Showcase One 6:30-9pm
- 3/13/24 – dress rehearsal, Showcase Two 6:30-9pm
- 3/15 – Showcase One 4-9pm. Live Show begins at 6pm.
- 3/16 – Showcase Two 4-9pm. Live Show begins at 6pm.
- All performers must be a student, faculty or administrator in the Hart District;
- You must be available for the blocking, rehearsal, and the show that you will be assigned to (your entry form will allow you to notify us of conflicts);
- All auditions must be the same performance that you plan to do in the show;
- Music, props and costumes must be school appropriate;
- Talent includes but is not limited to: singing, dancing, acting, instrumentals, comedy – if you have a special talent, send it in!
- Audition videos/show performances must be no longer than 2 minutes for individuals acts and duets, 2.5 minutes for groups (3 or more), not including your introduction (below):
- Face the camera as your audience;
- Film your full body;
- Start your video:
- introduce yourself – give your name, your school, what you’ll be doing, and tell us why you are auditioning – is this your first time doing this in public? Are you an experienced performer? Just doing it for fun?
- Group talent videos must be SUBMITTED BY ONE PERSON ONLY, but EACH performer in the group must fill out the entry form below.
- Group auditions must have a common group name that is listed on each group participant’s entry form – please make sure everyone in the group is aware of the group name that you will be using.
- Variety Show updates and information will be sent by email and can change at any time; it is your responsibility to check your email/spam regularly for Variety Showcase information.
- Because this is a district-wide event with a limited number of performance spots available, to allow for a variety of talent it is possible that not every submission will be accepted.
- Performers will not be judged, but prizes will be up for grabs for raising the most “votes” – see below.
How To Audition (yes, we’re repeating ourselves – we don’t want you to overlook the important stuff!):
- All auditions must be sent via video attachment to email@example.com AND the entry form below must be submitted by 1/26/24 at 10pm
- You will receive a response by 2/9/24 notifying you if your submission has been accepted and which rehearsal/show dates/times you are assigned to.
- You must reply by 2/15/24 to confirm your ability to participate on those dates and times. If you have a conflict, email us asap and we will try to accommodate you, if possible.
- IF WE DO NOT GET A RESPONSE BY 2/15/24, WE WILL ASSUME YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE.
- Your audition videos will be reviewed by entertainment professionals to provide you with positive, written feedback to help you with your performance! They will be looking at (not all will apply to all performances):
- Technique tips to help you perform at your best on show night
- Skill level, for those who are interested in performing professionally
- Get your performance stage-ready!
How You Can Win a Trophy:
- Once you have participation confirmation and your rehearsal/Showcase times, you will be provided with a “Vote by Donation” link to send to all of your friends and relatives – that link will go to a page dedicated to you and your talent! There, they can “vote” for you through donations, and there will be winners for the most “votes.” Each “Vote by Donation” is just $5.
- “Votes by Donation” will be done prior to show performance and will run from February 24th through March 13, 2024 at 5pm.
- Email your friends and relatives – give them your link and let them know the live voting dates of 2/24 – 3/13!
Oscar – Most “votes by donation”
- $100 Amazon Gift Card
Emmy – second place
- $50 Amazon Gift Card
- $25 Amazon Gift Card
All donations received through this fundraiser will benefit the WiSH Education Foundation, your 501(c)3 nonprofit that supports student programs in the Hart District that are not provided by tax dollars alone. WiSH bridges the gap in state funding for education to provide students with the tools to succeed in the classroom, and is heavily focused on student wellness. All WiSH support stays in the Hart District. For more information, go to www.wisheducationfoundation.org.
How You Can Support Your Student’s Peformance:
- Purcase tickets to the show (General Admit only $15, VIP $20) through 3/13/24 at 7pm! Link below. Day-of-Performance tickets available (General Admit $20, VIP $25)
- Flowers will be available for purchase at the performances.
- Get a t-shirt; all performers’ names will be listed on the back! Performers will be emailed information at a later date.
- Parents will have the opportunity to purchase a “Break-a-Leg Ad” in the program
- You can choose from:
- Full page, $100
- 8×10 color
- Text and image
- Half Page, $75
- 4×5, color
- Text and image
- Quarter Page, $50
- 2×2.5 color
- Text only
- Full page, $100
- You design, we print. If you need help, email us!
- The deadline for ads is 3/4/24 at 5pm.
- Include your student’s name, the size ad you want and send to firstname.lastname@example.org; purchase by clicking on the box below
- Once purchased, your ad will be placed in the program (we will email you if we have any questions)
- You can choose from:
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE EVENT,
SPONSOR THIS EVENT!
GRAMMY – $100
Name/logo on website event page, circulation in social media (FB/IG), newsletter, press releases, and district wide emails; QUARTER page ad in the program (2″x2.5″, color).
TONY – $200
Name/logo on website event page, circulation in social media (FB/IG), newsletter, press releases, and district wide emails; HALF page ad in the program (4″x5″, color).
EMMY – $400
Name/logo on website event page, circulation in social media (FB/IG), newsletter, press releases, and district wide emails; FULL page ad in the program (8″x10″, color) AND exposure on the event t-shirt!
OSCAR – $1,000
Name/logo on website event page, circulation in social media (FB/IG), newsletter, press releases, and district wide emails; TWO PAGE SPREAD in the program (16″x20″ or TWO 8″x10″ ads, color) AND exposure on the event t-shirt!
TO SPONSOR, OR IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT SPONSORSHIPS,
EMAIL WISH@HARTDISTRICT.ORG. WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOU?
PURCHASE “BREAK A LEG” AD SPACE AND SHOW TICKETS HERE beginning 12/1/23
Tickets will be available at the door, as well.
This form MUST be completed and submitted by 1/26/24 at 10pm,
IN ADDITION TO your digital audition via email to email@example.com